Here are the steps to make transparent glass.
1. Create the layer that you want to place your glass text on. In the examples, we used a layer with horizontal lines.
2. Write your text on a new layer. Add a heart shape or any other graphic that you like to this layer.
3. Load the text layer as a selection. You can do this from the Photoshop menu using: Select > Load Selection > OK
4. In your layers palette, select the layer you created in step 1.
5. Run the Glass filter. This will apply the glass effect transparently on the horizontal lines.