Do you use a cloud syncing service like Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft's SkyDrive or Sugar Sync? All of these services have a desktop syncing application that allows you to automatically transfer files found on one computer to another computer. You can configure your Alien Skin app to use these shared folders, which enables you to share your presets across multiple computers.
Here are the basic steps to set this up:
1. Install and configure your cloud syncing service's desktop application. Please refer to their documentation for more details.
2. In the Alien Skin app, open the Preferences window. There, you will see options to change the user folder.
3. By default, the user folder points to a system location. Click on the "Change" button and find the shared location of your cloud syncing service.
4. After choosing the desired user folder, click OK to close the Preferences window. You will be presented with the option to copy your user data from the old folder to the new folder. We recommend that you copy all user content to the new folder so that they can be shared among your computers.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 on your other computers. Now when you save a user preset, it will be automatically synced to all of your computers by your cloud syncing service.