There have been a lot of questions about Photoshop CS5 and Photoshop Elements support for Exposure 6 and later. Sadly, we did have to drop them from the officially supported host list, but that doesn't mean it won't work. We just no longer officially support it for all bug updates.
We also had to drop support for OS X 10.6. As operating systems are upgraded so are our programs and unfortunately that means that we can no longer support some older operating systems.
What does this mean? If there is a problem in Photoshop CS5 or Photoshop Elements and that problem also appears in Photoshop CS6 or CC versions, then we will devote time to fix it if necessary.
Photoshop CS5 will still work as expected after the custom installs. We haven't had complaints of any issues with Exposure 6 or later with Photoshop CS5.
Adobe Elements was officially dropped with Exposure 6. Elements 11 or prior will no longer work. If you are a user of Photohsop Elements 12, then the steps below will still work.
- Please note that the Windows version of Photoshop Elements is only 32bit while the Mac version is 64bit.
If you have Photoshop CS5 or Elements 12 and wish to use Exposure 6 or our plug-ins going forward, the best thing to do is perform a custom installation. There are 2 different ways this may need to be done.
1. If your installer detects a host that you don't have or want to use, and Photoshop CS5 or Elements 12 are not listed -https://support.alienskin.com/hc/en-us/articles/200145235-Custom-installation
2. If your installer auto installs the standalone and never offers you the option to choose a host -https://support.alienskin.com/hc/en-us/articles/200145315-Performing-a-custom-install-when-no-host-is-detected
These two articles will help you if the custom install didn't seem to work. You always want to check the install location to make sure it's actually in the right place.
1. I installed my plug-in but I don't see it - https://support.alienskin.com/hc/en-us/articles/200144255-I-installed-my-plug-in-but-don-t-see-it-
2. Windows users installed into CS5 but they don't see it - https://support.alienskin.com/hc/en-us/articles/200144095-Windows-Plug-ins-are-not-showing-up-in-Photoshop